View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 11:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks for answers

fanfaire,
it's heartening to know that I may eventually be able to have pink tonails and sandals again. , I too thought of the autonomic feature of the neuropathy since I've been experiencing more urgency of the bladder in the recent few months. But I haven't mentioned it to the neuro. The breaks and my bad lower back bother me more as far as losing control. The total loss of any sensation in the rectal/vaginal area happened when the sacral fractures occurred. The feeling finally returned except for the inner (vagina and rectum) area. But the fractures aren't healed. The doctor told me 6 months to heal all of this (if I'm lucky).

Thanks Sue, hope Bob is better. I"m thinking about you.

kebsa,
I have been tested in the beginning for MS. I am negative for that. I have Sjogren's Syndrome which causes my neuropathy and I also have Rheumatoid Arthritis. Thank you for all of that info tho because every bit of info we get on this forum related to neuropathy is something to be treasured. I'm not extemely stressed from the accident. I just bought me some Attends (pads for the accidents). We call them my "knickers". I also doubled up on the Kegal exercises. I just am concerned that there is being damage done to my nerves in that area that may be permanent. I have a follow up appt. with the neuro after Christmas and if this is continuing, it will be the first thing we address.

I do appreciate all your inputs. I finally have an appt. at the UT Southwestern Metabolic Bone Clinic and with the doctor that Scarlett (Cathie) recommended. I have seen him before, but it's been about 15 years.

Thanks for all the inputs.
Billye