View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 03:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Silverlady,

I don't know if this applies but I also have L4/L5 and S1 issues, nerve damage and even an old fracture in my coccyx. I had terrible "sit pain" for the longest time. And I also thought I might have cauda equina but I didn't. To make an extremely long story short I eventually saw a Urogynecologist and that was after lumbar PT through me into a tizzy! I also have a cystocele and rectocele too so between he and my spinal PM, I went into pelvic floor PT. It was the best thing I have ever done. It helped with the incontinence, even though that was minor. More than anything it helped with the levator ani muscles, piriformis muscle and yes, I had spasms everywhere. Word of caution though...watch those Kegel exercises. I was doing them too, before I went into PT, and found out that that was the worst thing I could be doing since everything was already in a spasm. I was trying to strengthen when instead I should have been having those spasms released...which she did. Ask your Neuro about it since I KNOW I have some nerve damage from the spinal issues. Just never realized how all of that interacts and comes together in the pelvic floor. It was a real education!!! And the whole time I was thinking it was something VERY seriously wrong. Just 3 visits (although I went for two months) and I was cured...at least from the pelvic floor pain.

Last edited by Kathi49; 11-21-2007 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Added more
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote