View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 09:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

count me in too, mark....(is this a poll?)......i don't know why my siblings find it so hard to believe what i tell them, but they seem to have doubts about my pain, my sensitivity to vibrations and/or noise, all the usual things......the one family member who never questions what i say is my bro-in-law (actually hubby's sister's hubby)....he has MS and until he started using a cane had nasty comments directed to him about being "drunk in the morning" or "ashamed of himself".

i said something to my sister about this not long ago, and she said "but u look fine" (screaming, banging head against wall).....as i pointed out to her, so does my hubby, who has had seerious cardiac troubles for almost 30 years.....people have this image of disability meaning a wheelchair, and it makes me nuts.....so many conditions don't show!

we had a long talk about all my symptoms, and she's been a bit more understanding since, but i don't know if it will last, or if i'll have to educate her again in the future.....sometimes i wonder if it's even worth it.

about your friend.....tell him u wouldn't invite him to stay with u if u couldn't handle it...... if he's uncomfortable with your illness, that's his problem....none of us asked for this, none of us want it.

like claudia, i wish they could live my life for one day.