Thread: 1st Post
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 10:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello everyone!

I've been busy trying to get caught up at the office b/c I've missed so much time. Feeling good at the moment.
I went for a second acupuncture treatment and 10 minutes later I was starting to have a lot of pain. we had an invitation to dinner at the Air Canada Centre here in Toronto and to watch the Leafs game and I was in pretty bad shape until the red wine kicked in in the 2nd period (which I had to sip very very slowly). I'd say the pain lasted about 2 1/2 hours. Not sure if the acupuncture set it off or not. It didn't bust out into a full fledged attack, thankfully, but it was very difficult to keep a brave face on, I found, and to be sociable. Today's been great though with only a few zings here and there.
I faxed over $600 in claims to my health plan for drugs and acupuncture and it's only been a month and a half!!! I hope they pay up.

Thanks JeanC. I'm sticking with the Gabapentin, around 1800mg per day [BMW, I told my doctor today how much I was taking and he just changed the prescription to match it]and the occasional Baclofen 10mg thrown in for good measure. I quit taking the Tramacet, so I have a veritable pharmacy of unused T3s, Percs and Trams built up. Good time to break a leg or something.

Ella, great to hear you have continuing success. I am going to investigate the possibility of going that route earlier than later if it is medically indicated. Dr. Kaufmann replied to my e-mail so I might set something up for a meeting, maybe even next month. My fiance's from Winnipeg so we get up there once in a while anyway. I will definitely take your advice and I'm a fan of due diligence too.

I'm getting an MRI this weekend at North York General so hopefully they'll pick up on something.

I'm in line to get a CT for good measure at some point too. Hopefully I'll get some definitive answers. I'll definitely be in touch Ella for your well earned knowledge, as I see how things play out for me.

Take care everyone.
Hejhog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote