View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 12:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Billye--

When you came on the board, what? 2000, 2001, I was incredulous about your knees. I remember asking you over and over if they had silicone in them, and I felt you totally blocked me out and ignored everything I was trying to tell you.

It didn't matter, I finally realized, because you couldn't exactly have your new knees removed and the old ones replaced.

I am stunned, knowing you as well as I've come to know you over the years, that it is just striking you now that you had silicone in your knees.

The study I post up here most frequently is one of medicare claims. It was a study to see if there were any particular illnesses reported on claim forms that occurred in people with implants. The answer was yes. Every sort of implant that contained silicone, including testicles, was associated with neuropathy.

And they are back on the market. I find myself at the hairdresser, trying to convince a woman who had them placed in a week ago to quick, get them out before you're ill. I try to tell everyone, but no one believes their danger, and they are becoming very popular again. It's incredible, just incredible.

--- LYME neuropathy diagnosed in 2009; considered "idiopathic" neuropathy 1996 - 2009
---s/p laminectomy and fusion L3/4/5 Feb 2006 for a synovial spinal cyst
LizaJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote