View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 09:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Well Glenn--I used to work for Kmart and they have been open on Thanksgiving for years. I always had to work it and there were always people waiting at the door. Many people, who aren't doing the cooking, will go shopping before the big meal. The sales were always a big secret too, we were sworn to secrecy and in trouble if word got out before it was suppose too. That last couple of years that I worked for Kmart, I worked 6-6 on Thanksgiving, which really messed up my holiday and then I had to be back at 6am the next day. I personally hate this shopping weekend!!!!

I just spoke to my daughter in Michigan, well maybe an hour ago and it's snowing and promises to snow all day, was only 29 degrees then. She said there was alread 1.9" in Lansing, may make traveling dangerous there today if it continues. Here on Long Island, NY it's 45 degrees right now and they are saying 62 later--very weird weather huh?

I miss my family today--hope they will all be safe while traveling. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Deb

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote