View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 09:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Maggie,
Looks like your body has finally got used to the lower dose you get with
the generic, I'm glad at least the withdrawal symptoms have passed for you, sorry that your pain isn't being handled as well as it could be.
I actually felt like I was on a 50ugram duragesic when using the 75 generic.
That's about the amount of relief I was getting, if that.
You have a good thought there, maybe your doc will allow you to get a higher dose, since the generics don't work as well, and that will fix the insurance situation too. I'm glad you posted this, as it makes me feel like I'm not the only one going through this. Mostly my doctors, and pharmacy people say it must be in my head, when I know it is NOT. Thanks for the reality check!
I hope you get the proper dosage or brand thing taken care of so you can get the relief you need. There is nothing worse than having to be on these meds, and then they don't work as advertised!
I am interested in hearing about your experience with the pain relief you
had with the pump. I have been asking my doc about it, but he says, "your nowhere near that stage yet" I have heard good and bad, and a lot of talk about some plaque buildup of some sort at the catheter that can cause nerve damage if left unattended. If you would rather PM me than dicuss it on the forum, that would be appreciated also.
Thanks for your post
Peace
Rags
Ragtop is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote