Old 11-22-2007, 12:35 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverlady View Post
Cathie,
Thanks for having the nerve to post this. I think it fans even further out than the breast implants. I have silicone in my knees with the knee replacements. Odd isn't it how I developed all these neurological symptoms and rheumatic symptoms and Sjogren's Syndrome in 3 months after replacements, isn't it..............

Billye
Yes, I recall those posts...and I remember making a connection then too.

It is unfortunate that the very treatment could lead to such horrible consequences!

Also I have been wondering how the knees are staying while other bones
are "going"....typically the artificial joint degrades too.

Our bodies don't like foreign things inside... and if one has a revved up immune system, one might be more at risk for the reactions.

I am so sorry all this is happening to you, Billye.

There might be a difference between liquid silicone and hard silicone. But I don't have time today to
search that.

There are also all kinds of chemicals in plastic. We are just getting new data on phythalates and cyanoacrylic (hard clear)
so even the saline implants may cause harm of a different nature.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote