Old 11-22-2007, 01:04 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default United Kingdom: Parkinson's sufferer to launch book

Parkinson's sufferer to launch book

http://tinyurl.com/22pnop

A GRANDMOTHER is to attend the launch of her book telling of her battle with Parkinson's Disease.

Sarah Nock, from Copthorne, has written a book entitled "Ponderings on Parkinson's", which will be launched at The Bookshop on East Grinstead's high street tomorrow (Thursday).

Mrs Nock, 72, was diagnosed 13 years ago with Parkinson's, a degenerative disorder that strikes at the central nervous system.

The grandmother-of-15 said: "The book is full of thoughts and anecdotes and is an attempt to put the disease into metaphors. When I get stuck in one position, I describe it as feeling like a 'giant hand' which is squashing you down. I also describe my head as a colander to explain the sensations I get there."

Mrs Nock, who has to take medicine every two hours, added: "It took me around two or three months to write the book and I mostly wrote it after midnight.

"Of course life is difficult. It sometimes takes forever trying to eat."

An Excerpt to read
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote