View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 10:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks Jan,
It is Low carb lifestyle since if I am on a diet that means there is a stopping point and I can never have one, or I will simply gain it all back! I have tried every diet known to man and always go back to my old ways as soon as I think I am done so the nasty cycle goes on forever so I decided if and when I found a plan that works for me I had to make it forever! I do plan on posting there once I get my head on straight but the other part of me will have to post here since I know they will never understand what it is like to have your active normallife snatched away in the blink of an eye. I have been with that group for 3 years now so I won't throw it away because some of them is like family to me and one of them was just in a mva and is now in a rehab hosp for months (broken neck, legs, arms, ect and is in a halo) so I will be inviting her here later since she will no doubt face the same things as I have.
I was named after my aunt.....she died of diabetes when she was 24 and her mom, my grandma died of same thing in her early 50's!
I guess I will make an appointment with the NS tomorrow, I have just been putting it off.
The reason I had not been posting for awhile is I had been sick with bladder infection then chest crud...plus had to deal with my 22 y/0 sons wedding. Plus I was waiting for my head to clear a bit, I posted a lot of personal info while in the Lyrica fog and got my info hacked....so I had to change all my passwords, ect and delete a lot of posts....another reason I voted for unlimited editing.
Thanks again, its nice I can go to at least one place and not hide anything.
Btw, I am 49
Back injury 1999, PN,DDD, Spinal Stenosis, Arthritis, Chronic pain, Lumbar Fusion 6-06, Pain Worse then Ever Since!10-10-06 Arachnoiditis! CES! now numbness from waist to thighs, bowel, bladder paralysis, self caths, chronic constipation. Left sided weakness! No appetite depression! Bed 22 hrs day!
Under care of PM 3 years. Diabetic, lost over 100 lbs was 300+, now 174 lbs. Normal labs, diet controlled!
Junie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote