View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 08:25 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I couldn't be a size 2, if I lost 50 more lbs. I'm just a 5 foot 7 inch woman who is built like a woman and not like those fashion models.

I don't have the frame for that. I look about 50 lbs less than I weigh. I've had fights with doctors in the office because every time I used to weigh myself, everybody would look at me and say "what the hell are you eating"?? then they would LOOK at my body and say: "Oh, wait a moment, she doesn't look it, let's check the scale". Well, they must have checked many scales in my case. Even body builders at the gym, used to walk around me in a circle and cluck their chins and go "hm hm", trying to figure out WHERE all my weight was??

I can only think that my bones are very dense (right word???, don't know)

I dont' have muscle because I don't lift weights. I SHOULD lift weights but I'm deathly afraid because of what happened all those years ago. I do know that I should do more reps and less pounds (on the dumbells), that much I know. But with my knees lately, well, I'm not doing any of that.

I do walk. (when my knees allow it).

About the mercury. I do know the order of the fish on the food chain. Bigger fish eat the smaller fish. So the bigger the fish, you get all the mercury from all the fish that the previous fish has eaten. So if you eat a sword fish, well, you ate that swordfish, and all the fish he ate, and so far down the food chain. I believe the best fish is mackeral and Salmon. I like Salmon.

I like filet of sole. I have no idea what kind of fish a fillet of sole even looks like, but when I get done with it, believe me, it's a nice piece of fish.

I have discovered that fish is good for my blood sugar. I don't eat tuna that much. Maybe a few times a month. I mainly eat the veggies, and some shrimps (can't get any smaller than that, right??) and my cholesterol is fine, thank goodness.

In January, I go for the BIG 2 year test at Cornell. They test EVERYTHING. from ekgs, to blood, to, well, EVERYTHING!!!

So I get the big CHECKUP, in January. I wish they would put me in one of those body scanners that Oprah had on her show. They scan the whole body and tell you EVERYTHING that they find. All in one shot.

I just may ask the guys at Cornell if they do this stuff.

Wouldn't that be cool?? Like on Star Trek!!!

Oh, I made a bunch of brownies today, to die for. Alan went absolutely over the moon. Just one batch. When they are gone, they are gone until Christmas. I don't want any triggers in this house.

I allowed myself one. My god, when you haven't eaten any of this good stuff for SO long, your brain goes gazooey!!!.

Alan was just sitting at the kitchen table having his coffee and going "oh my god, these brownies." I took the rest of the platter away from him. lol

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote