View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 08:32 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Daniella: I had to laugh when I read your post about shoppers running you over when they are at a sale. That happened to me a long long time ago.

There was a synagogue having a flea market and it was to begin at 7:30 p.m one night. So Alan and I took a walk there and there were all these people in front of the door. I said to Alan, "what's going on here?, are they giving the stuff away?" I had never been to that type of flea market before.

Well, you would not believe what happened. When the doors opened up, it was like they were giving away automobiles or something expensive. The people rushed in to the place in droves. I could not believe it.

I tried to go down one of the aisles and all of a sudden I landed on top of a table of brassieres. Alan looks down at me and says "Melody, do you realize you are in a pile of bras???" I had never been pushed like that in my life'.

I said 'get me up and get us out of here". We had to run for our lives. The people were like bulls in a china shop.

Then we became flea market people ourselves and I used to make baby socks and design and paint them. We did this for years at various flea markets. It's better to be the one selling the stuff. You stay behind the tables.

Mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote