View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 10:22 PM
artist

artist

OMG, Jose, that was a tour de force! Really good summary of the state of play! Now no one has to go read anything - we should have that post as a sticky, save everyone time and trouble! Thanks!

Yes, I am tickled pink that so many of us have come together again - quite apart from the fact that I wanted company! I'd started to post to myself, I think . But you're so right about the old board over the last year. The heart had gone out of it as so many "oldies" withdrew.

But this place has the energy of youth and I'm so enjoying seeing it developing; over the last 2 weeks it's calmed down *so* much.

Frankly I think JL just plain screwed up. Unfortunately, by negligence rather than intent probably, he seems to have messed up a lot of people along the way.

BTW, here's how the timeline went, more or less:
OBT - went offline around July 6th. 1st message from David (Firehorse) Hosobuchi -around July 20th. Ist message about new server, disks etc - around Aug. 6th, next one around Aug 20th saying disks arriving Sep 5th, then the last message, end Aug/early Sep, repeated on the OSX server after the disks arrived (although many of us, including me, can't see that message). So he's had the disks and the software for at least a couple of weeks, still nothing. And yeah, that's very nearly 3 months of nothing. The recent email message from OBT hasn't reached many people (also including me) because apparently it was sent from "localhost" which, according to our resident expert, is usually read by servers as SPAM, so it chucks it out. Hahhahah!

Well...quite a story, huh? Brilliantly shortened by Joselita the Wise (Jose? Shorten?.... Watch this space....)
all the best

Last edited by artist; 10-01-2006 at 02:15 AM. Reason: spellung...
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote