View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 10:24 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default 72 hr EEG feedback needed

Hi everyone, Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving.
Mine was quiet one and had a yummy dinner.

I am in a dilemma. As many know I have refractory epilepsy. Am on three meds trileptal, keppra and lamictal. The Lamictal is mainly for purposes of mood swings. As I can not take enough of it for seizures. The other two I am on amounts that are not a "theraputic levels" due to a very sensitive body that reacts to too high a dose.

This is true for most of the drugs I have tried. so they can not be used. We have kinda run out of options.

Recently my seizure activity has increased. Yet when we increased my trileptal to an extra 300mg at 9pm. I woke up so groggy and felt this way all day. SO I do not feel it was "quality of life " to feel this way. So stopped that.

My main question here given the above. It was suggested I do a 72 EEG at home. Where they have to attach the wires with a high smelling glue. This concerns me as I am highly sensitive to smells of chemicals and get bad headaches and feel sick from it.

Given we already know I have seizures, the cause, they are erratic, Meds are very difficult to find for me. etc etc.

What is the point to having a 72 EEG? Where the side affects are going to be tough for me and given it is winter, I can not open the windows to get rid of the smell?

Would like feedback if there is any thanks everyone

Cedar
Cedar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote