Thread: hello all
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 11:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Dave,
Here is a website that may help you find a doctor in your area that knows Lyme Disease although it is not guaranteed. There are not too many pain mgmt. docs that know about the intractable pain of Lyme Disease.

http://www.lymediseaseassociation.org

Your doctor was on top of things to know that it does not always show up in a blood test and you have to diagnose clinically(meaning the doctor makes the diagnosis by what your symtoms are). If you have had Lyme Disease for awhile you will need to stay on high doses of antibiotics for potentiallly months. I had to do IV rocephin for a couple of months. It is not that bad. They put a semi-permanent IV line in your arm and teach you how to administer it yourself and a nurse comes to your house once or twice a week to check it. I know it sounds scary but, if it will make the pain go away I think anything is worth it. Honestly Dave, I had the worst pain I had ever experienced in my life and when you have that kind of pain and nothing shows up on test people look at like you are little nuts or a hypochondriac.

What state do you live in?...I may be able to help with a Lyme doc or a pain mgmt doc.

Diandra
Diandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote