View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 12:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for the thoughts..

I have not considered the CMT affecting her hearing, although I know it can, just haven't thought about it. She failed a hearing test about a year ago, but when we went to the audiologist her hearing was fine. I *think* the reason she failed was lack of understanding on her part of what the nurse was asking her to do. I read all I could at that time and came across several articles mentioning hearing loss and CMT.

I just wonder what "ringing" would feel like to a delayed child? Sort of like the "itchy" feet that led Dr.Parrott and her ped to investigate and dx the CMT.

The last Email from Dr. Boyd suggested that we get a baseline for the school year then load her up on gluten and document the results. So, once again let the experiment begin.

I asked Dr. Parrott about hear ears hurting and he didn't really know what to tell me, but I asked really leading that I thought it had something to do with the massive amount of Topamax she is on (now she is up to 350mg a day)
So as soon as the peds office opens bak up from lunch I am going to call and see if we can get in and talk to them about it.
Sarah (14) Aspergers Syndrome
Victoria (16) Above Average Teenage sister
Jade (11) my niece, but now also my baby
Jacob (6) Possible Aspergers, but we have to sort through his anger/abandonment issues first
Jackson (4) The sweetest little guy you will ever meet.
Busymommie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote