Thread: Getting Nervous
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 09:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Rachel - there were two things that lead to my late start with PT. One was that the PT I had wanted to use was sick the day of our appt and it was going to take months to get in for a consult with him (he is quite the guy - hard to get appts with) I made many many calls and most places went 'TO what?' - so those calls ended quickly. Also it was about 6 or 7 weeks post-op that I actually had my follow-up with the surgeon...

I basically have full range of motion now - some limited on the end range. Some days are better then others...everyone agreed (docs, PT, etc) that the last thing you want is a frozen shoulder. Movement was limited after surgery not to mention it hurt like heck, but I did my shower exercise and have really listened to my 'team' (I like to call them that...I see a PT, MT and Chiro weekly...adds up to a lot of appts!). Right now I find I am weak and likely will be refered to a (sports rehab type) clinic to gain some strength. If you want to PM me with any questions I'd be happy to share my experiences...
JAMY is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote