Thread: Getting Nervous
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 11:48 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

This is not said to bash you, but I wonder if you realize that your goal should not be on Christmas but on YOU, your surgery, your current health regimen.

I am concerned that your thoughts on Christmas, etc., might cause you some stress that you should avoid before surgery.

If you have to, maybe gift cards? Can you go to others' (like family or close friends) for Christmas so you can avoid decorations this year? Oh, I know how much we love all of that, but you can end up at 3 AM with a nice big ol' flare!

And CARDS?! Isn't that a lot of hand movement? Not good to go into surgery with a flare, or any inflammation we don't already have...can't everyone just understand you have TOS and are about to have surgery any day and give you a pass this year?

Remember, you only get one shot at your first TOS surgery, and you don't want scar tissue! The world will go one without all of the "doing" you do for Christmas, as no one noticed when my cards stopped - I am and always will be someone who LOVES cards, letters, wax stamps, stickers, etc., and unfortunately, TOS trumps those now...

First and foremost keep your health at your TOP priority -

sleep a lot
vitamins
walks

Set up after-care, prepare spouse, children, and just focus on limiting your activity except for the right "Edgelow" "TOS" type of PT. It's all about YOU time, as far as I'm concerned.

God bless you.
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote