View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 12:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Bryanna: Thanks for the reply and helpful information. I am due for bloodwork this week, so that part will mostly be taken care of though I'm not sure the CRP test is included. I had a sinus cat scan this past week, so that will show the nasal cavity. The oral surgeon did a panoramic x-ray two weeks ago and didn't "see anything." I"m glad that I've at least got some of the tests you mentioned covered.

The good news is that the pain in my mouth does seem to be improving alot. I still feel a "weird" feeling - maybe lack of sensation way up in mouth, but it's not as bad either. I have a very mild ache, but it's not constant. The aching is usually only intensified if I exert at all. It does seem now to be some sort of nerve issue. I have been taking some natural supplements and things started improving right after I began taking alpha lipoic acid (which is often used for diabetic neuropathy).

I agree about the neglect in the system for treating and diagnosing oral issues. I find that to be true also with medical conditions - you go round and round in circles, and then have to take charge yourself or you are left out in the cold.

Thanks again!
lmcat6 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote