View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 02:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Interesting 'solution', Joop

I've been taking mucuna powder w/ carbidopa (lodosyn)for about a year and a half and lately have been wondering if I'm taking too little or too much of either or both as 'on' time is getting tricky. I also NOW take a Sinemet CR - which helps smooth things out. Sometimes I take a little Sinemet in addition or instead of the mucuna. Add in the food factor and things are further complicated. Oh, also the Mucuna isn't standardized AND my original source has changed/substituted the product. Too many variables and unknowns.

I had not heard of benserazide. Now I am wondering if there is a formulated blend of the two carbidopas w/ l-dopa since that study showed that some patients benefitted from such a mix in the study. And if not, why not! ??

Two weeks ago I added Amantadine and am seeing some improvements in balance and tremor control and have noticed that I'm not sleeping the same.

I know this whole thing is trial and error (mostly that!) as each person is different but lately I am becoming more befuddled about it all. Feeling quite stupid, really. Just can't figure it out!

Like John, weight loss is a problem. I don't have much appetite but dutifully eat to try to gain/keep what I have. The constant need to regiment drugs and food is maddening. Spontaneity has disappeared from my lifestyle, much to my displeasure.

I will get to your survey when I am able. Too much stuff going on these days so it may take awhile.

Ibby
Ibken is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote