View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 11:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

(((Hugs))) That doesn't sound good. And definitely scary, with seizing in your hubby's arms and not realizing it!

I'm trying to remember... did you have problems in the ER before OBT crashed? With them not recognizing she was still seizing? At least this time they didn't pat you on the head and try to send you home without actually doing something. I'm so sorry you made it to the end of your protocol.

What about the metallic smell? Have you done any investigation into that? Asking her pediatrician? I know Tom's breath starts smelling different when he has a cold, or sinus infection, or his yeast is on the rise. But, never metallic. I sent a hair sample (among other tests) for heavy metal toxicity testing, done through our DAN! doctor. That's the only thing that pops in my head. Is she excreting too many metals at certain times, affecting her chemical/vitamin/mineral balance? (And maybe a mineral supplement at those times would balance it out?) No, I don't know what I'm talking about. Just trying to throw out some ideas. It just sounds like if you could figure out WHY she has a metallic smell on occassion, that you could hopefully prevent it, thereby preventing seizures?

Prayers you have an uneventful night... and a good night's sleep for everyone. Definitely look into the monitoring system. Is there any reason you'd have to tell your neuro in the first place?
(((Hugs)))
Mom to Samantha (10), Claire (9), and Tom (7). Tom is developmentally delayed with poor vision, lousy fine motor skills and epilepsy. His seizures are pretty well controlled through diet - dairy-free, gluten-free, rice-free, and coconut-free.
RathyKay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote