Thread: Family Dynamics
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 04:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Family???? What is that??

Hi guys, it's me again.
Anyway, here goes...
A long long time ago there were a bunch of kids (6) abandoned by their mom and left at the shack called home in the country somewhere in ILLinois.
It was early fall, the field corn was just getting good, I know cause that is what they ate,, they had nothing else..no water there either..... Anywhoo,, the cops came and hauled their little abandonded hineys to the local childrens home. Needless to say, these kids were declared as wards of the state and stayed in said children's home. 2 years later one little, sweet, cute, redhaired-green eyed girl ha, was adopted by a childless couple. The dad was wonderful, but worked away all week from the family home, leaving the girl with the "mom" who didn't want a kid, was very controling and abusive even after the girl married. Or at least tried to be after the girl married. The girl married a man who already had 3 beautiful kids, 4,6 and 8, so they grew up together sortof. 4 years later this woman had a wonderful beautiful boy, her pride and joy and when the adopted mother came to see the baby, would not hold him, and said don't bother "IT".
So, needless to say, this woman decided it was best if her little boy, or any of the other 3 kids for that matter, didn't get exposed to the adopted mother again.
So the kids grew up among lifes usual trials and tribulations, and when the youngest of the first three was going into college, the man and woman got a divorce, the little boy was 10. That was over 12 yrs ago. The little boy, now a man thinks him mom can pull flying monkeys from somewhere and work miracles(I can you know)
I am still in touch with the first 3, they will still hug me and tell me they love me when we get to see each other, EVEN in public!!
My point::: the first three are not my bio kids, but they are my kids, and my family, even their Mom is family to me and vise versa.
This narration was not to draw sympathy, b/c what has happened, happened, happened in the past has what helped make me what I am today, bad or good. I got thru it, got a good career, was able to raise my son, have a house, plenty to eat....etc.... But most of all it taught me to find people I could trust and love and respect. And I have.
So I guess in a way, you can pick your family. It's ok, I did, along with those mentioned, I have a couple of friends who are as family to me only better, BECAUSE I know they will not treat me like the "so called" family of the past.
And yes guys, I have been to therapy for many many years and I'm good.
So now with this health thing, I am finding out who my real friends are, and they are the ones I thought so.
postmaster1992 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote