View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 05:30 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Daniella, you'll love this!!!

I'm italian, and Alan is jewish.

We were married 27 years ago. I wanted to make him a traditional jewish dinner which of course includes Matzo ball soup. Never even heard of it, let alone cooked it before.

So I go and buy a package and follow directions. It says to add water, and let the mixture stand in the bowl for 15 minutes. I will never forget this.

Then after 15 minutes elapses, the box said "make 18 matzo balls. I looked at the mixture and said to myself: "18 matzo balls???" "are they kidding, there must be a mistake, there is only enough mixture for 2 balls"

So I made two nice size matzo balls. Each was the size of a walnut. So I put these two matzo balls in the broth and cover the pot.

I go back in 15 minutes and started to scream. It was like the invasion of the Matzo Balls. Alan comes running in and starts laughing. I thought he lost his mind. I called my jewish sister-in-law and said (and I quote). There are two matzo balls the size of heads of cabbage in my soup pot." 'HELP HELP"

Well, after she stopped laughing it was explained to me that matzo balls EXPLODE in the broth and expand to this big size. So I SHOULD have made 18 matzo balls and I would have had enough to feed an army.

I asked her "what do I do with these two things?? She said "eat them of course".

So I took one, divided it into 10 pieces, and Alan had the biggest bowl of Matzo Ball Soup in history.

Never did this again, believe me.

mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote