View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 06:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default the Santa effect

Greg - maybe this time of year there are more demonstrations of nice because we have heard since birth (and I can only assume this applies even subliminally to persons of every religion, at least in the U.S., because it is a ubiquitous, secular holiday tune), that "he's making a list, and checking it twice - he's going to find out who's naughty or nice", so we are automatically on our best behavior?

Regarding sheds - the beauty of the concept is that they seek out the sheds themselves. There would be an outcry if we delegated delapidated buildings (Walter Reed) as veteran rehab centers. But it is a great example of one thing that is important to good mental health - social contacts and friends - and that it doesn't take a state-of-the-art facility to make it happen.

Regarding the song writing genius(es): yes, they did exhibit true genius - but it is kind of funny that we are quoting "koo koo kachoo" and "ob-la-de-ob-la-da" as the example. Or is it because of their genius that they could get away with it?!

Regarding the 60's: I lived through them ages 3-13 - my mind altered only by youth!

“Cautious, careful people, always casting about to preserve their reputation and social standing, never can bring about a reform. Those who are really in earnest must be willing to be anything or nothing in the world’s estimation, and publicly and privately, in season and out, avow their sympathy with despised and persecuted ideas and their advocates, and bear the consequences.” — Susan B. Anthony
indigogo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote