Thread: pain pain pain
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 11:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Deb,

I've only had lumbar and cervical ESIs -- never thoracic.

Does the pain feel like what you had BEFORE the epidural?? By that I mean the pain distribution pattern??

Are you in more pain NOW than before the epidural??

I wish they'd make it illegal to do these things without fluoroscope

If the pain distribution is way different than what you normally experience and if the pain is so bad that it's scaring you, get yourself to the emergency ward.

It could just be that you've worked yourself up because of all the warnings. It could be that he nicked a nerve (I still don't understand how they can do these things blind safely.)

Or it might be that the steroids are just swirling around in there and kicking *** on all the germs and all the inflammation.

Honey, if you're really scared, go to the ER. Or page your doctor (did he leave a page number??). If you don't have anyone to drive you -- friend, neighbor, child, spouse -- call the police or the fire department -- they'll take you.

Did they give you a written sheet of directions on what to do for complication and what to do for after-care?? Take another look at that and then decide what you're going to do.

There's no shame in going to the ER if you're worried about the symptoms that you're having.

BIG HUGS. I'll be praying for you.

Barb
moose53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote