Thread: PN Diagnosis
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 01:21 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Diana you got it in one

That describing the pain[s] and where it happens or not, how it happens or not, and when it happens or not. It is the most frustrating aspects of all of this! What might be considered 'discomfort' for one, is 'agonizing' for another. The list goes on endlessly, doesn't it?
I might have posted this before, but it could be worth a look see, as Mrs D mentioned she'd get the shooting type pains in her toe because of her knee.
It's a 'handy' [bad pun, can't help it?] reference as to how the nerves actually travel up and down the body and in which places, then to the brain via the spinal cord.
http://www.innerbody.com:80/image/nervov.html
It's not entirely a complete site, but it helps one to put things visually together with the way things happen and are connected. The site also addresses other aspects of our bodies.
Also I have to say, I sparingly use the Lidoderm patches, and I DO cut them up as too much of that good thing turns off all feeling if I use the whole patch. Too little sensory input can be as bad as too much. Just enuf to take the 'edge' off, so to speak. At times they are lifesavers, and at others I feel as if they are a 'crutch'. But, to be without them, would be most unpleasant, it must be a mental thing...as long as I know I have them to use, I feel safer? This should make sense to most, just knowing there is the option can be a comfort.
Also the Calming Creme does help some. I use it in the morning and just plain Ecurin or Lubiderm on my feet at nite. My feet are sooo dry now, especialy winter where 'before' that had never been an issue.
I have to say I am glad you are able to walk so well and so far. That type of walking is one of my goals! 's - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote