View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 02:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Kewl!

Hi there..
I know of that clinic it is sister to the one I went to here in BC, it is called the Orion Pain Clinic, I found my experiences in the one I went to were very good for me the education classes on pain are very good and they didn't try push my limits past what I felt I could do, actualy the physio was at my pace always.

They will do up to 3 trial blocks to see whether your RSD is sympatheticly mediated pain (SMP) or if it is independantly mediated pain (IMP), then if it is independantly mediated you will just go on with the 6 week pain management process and then go home, but if your pain is SMP you will get a block every week for the first 6 weeks, then if you are still getting benifit you would go on to phase two, another 6 weeks treatment with a block every 2 weeks, third phase (IF still getting benifit) 6 weeks an a block every 3 weeks. I did not make it to phase 3 as my pain became IMP, the blocks worked less and less as I went on,

But you probibly already know most of this by now, I hope it is going well for you there, like Ali says tell them you need to rest when you need.. they keep records of the time you are up and down and need that CORRECT info to pace your progress, ask for your reports each phase and ask them to correct anything you notice wrong right away, and absorb what you can of the classes, the SRT's can realy help with the pain levels too so practice it when ever you can.

Another thing I can say about the time I spent at the clinic was that I met some realy great people.. lasting friendships and friends that are going through the same things as you, blocks etc.. I brought out of there with me 6 good friends, alot of good aquantences and one best friend Cindy. I consider my time in there very well spent and have taken alot of pain management skill out of there as well. Listen to me I sound like an advertisement lol..

That said it is still a WCB run private clinic with mabie a sprinkling of ICBC patients, WCB has forms that they have to fill out that is very restrictive for giving information.. such as only 3 choices when it comes to readyness for work, FIT, FIT WITH LIMITATIONS, and UNFIT. I was told that to be unfit for any work by wcb satandards one must almost be a quadrapalegic with no voice for telephone work, I was told this by the physio therapist who was filling out my paperwork.

Please do let us know how you are doing ok, and don't trip over the tracks lol.
Sandra

Ps.. the meals are a standard amount and they want no reciets we were just told to fill out the forms every week, tick off all the meals and sendem in I was told. WCB likes straight forward forms without variation, meal allowence was $44.00 a day in 2006.
Sandel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote