View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 03:57 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Another Pain Doc Apt?

Ok. So this was another pain doc apt. He is also specializes in rsd. Now the one I saw in Cleveland said I need a catheter so I could do extreme pt. Then the one in ucla said a scs. Now this doc who deals with rsd wants to try a epidural nerve block to see how I respond to see if it is rsd. The docs I have seen thought it may be similar to rsd because of my high pain level though no change in color etc. I asked him too about fibro and he said if it were that he could do some lidocaine I think infusion. I gave this doc all my records which he didn't look at or ask about my health background. He just asked how this started. I tried to be organize and represent myself well.I started to ask my list of ?'s and he said he would ask the ?'s .I did get to ask some of my ?'s after I pushed. I asked about there being a connection between my out of it and chest pressure. Also that I am so sensitive like I hurt my back and now it goes up and down so much. Also all the infections like eye and ear.How my pain is up and down and when I'm on them so much about damage which he said its not too and I need to be on them. He really only wanted to deal with legs but he didn't look at them or have me take off my sock. I wouldn't allow touching cause of my pain. I asked about meds but he said I am resistant which sems to be true since I have tried neurontin,lyrica,elavil,tramadol,cymbalta,liodacin e patch,vicodin. The plan of the block,pt,and psych sounds ok but I felt unheard and really rushed and like he didn't even look at my test results or mri's. He also said that the other docs know little about rsd and just because I don't have all the symptoms doesn't mean it couldn't and that is what the block is for. I was curious about after the first block but he said he didn't want to discuss further till after the first. You know at the start of this I would of done anything to take away my pain. Now with multiple dx's and docs wanting to do different things I'm confused. The doc even asked me why my eyes were bugged and I said i just have so many opinions. I drove more then 90 min each way and they spend so little time. He said there is no side effect other then infection. Is this true because the catheter and scs doc seemed to say the same and that turned out untrue. I have had a horrible week and now have an eye infection which the doc made worse so I had to go back and maybe again which doesn't help this with docs and mistakes. Also all the things to now between the meds,pt,nerve block in my foot has made things worse or other side effects I'm more apprehensive.Any ideas?
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote