Thread: Thyroid meds??
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 10:42 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default When my thyroid went into total

UNDERDRIVE, my hair fell out, and every thyroid symptom to boot! At the time I was attributing it to my CIDP, which also assaults some of the same systems. DUH? No one tested per se for the 'anti-body' aspects and my thyroid dose was simply 'upped'. That the two-plus-two equals IMMUNE SYSTEM ALERT! never ever occurred to anyone - at the time. Hindsight is a luxury, really but it does help to put puzzle pieces together ... sort of. When you have one 'immune assult' on your body, expect a lot of well 'immune insults'!
It only took 3-1/2 years for my body to SHOUT out that 'there's a problem HERE!' I am grateful it did, I'd sorta suspected it, just couldn't put my finger on it.
I had specifically some auto-immune thyroid tests for T-3 and T-4 they were very specific tests, If you want I can look up what they were, But the Immune numbers were 'startling' to say the least. After reading on other boards I found my #'s were rather high, but not as HIGH as that of other folks. Some small comfort in that, I suppose. SOOO DON"T PANIC! Yet. Keep your cool and find [I truly hope and all] a good doc to deal with it. 's - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote