Thread: roll call
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 12:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I'm here too!

We are here! Thanks for thinking of me Suzie. We are safe and settled in Virginia, but things have been a bit shaky with Becca since we moved - started right before actually.

The restraint therapy camp went really well in June. I posted about that in detail right before the crash, so I am sure some of you are wondering what I am talking about. If it's not there when the real braintalk is back up, I will repost about it.

Becca has been having lots of seizures. Keppra is proving not to hold her and we are maxed out now. We saw her new neuro (Gaillard) at National Children's Medical Center in DC yesterday. She starts Lamictal tomorrow. It's a long process of getting on that one and of keppra. She will be on both for 3 months until Lamictal is at a theraputic level. She will have an EEG and MRI this month and we see the new NS (Myseros) in DC Thursday. Since there are apparently not too many more medicine options for Becca's particular epilepsy - we are hoping that a focus becomes apparent on her scans so that other options (some surgical) will be there for us in the future if necessary. She has also gained a good bit of weight really fast which concerns them as well.

Apparently, they even think it might be a shunt issue.

Prayers appreciated. All in all, she is still a little fire cracker. She started Kindergarten last week and LOVES it. Not sure which she loves more - school or the bus ride. I will post about her first day separate here. She also started soccer and loves it. Gotta love her!

It's great to see most of you here! I look forward to seeing Braintalk up and running very soon.

xo
Kathleen
kathleenandjoe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote