View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 05:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default MRI results today

Hey gang,
I visited the Neurologist to get the MRI results today. She said the MRI shows a "reaction" in the brain where I hit my head. She also said that the front shows signs of bruising and said that probably happened when my head whipped forward and then back again after I initially hit my head. She likened it to shaken baby syndrome.

I'm glad, of course, that the MRI didn't show anything other than injury from hitting my head (brain tumor, other neurological diseases, etc.), but I feel even more defeated than I did before this news. I guess it's just the finality of it all.

My neurologist is a wonderful doctor and I'm very confident in her abilities. I cried a little, and she said she understood and is there to help me in any way. She asked me what the most frustrating thing is 'right now' and I told her that I feel 'dull'. I started in a new department 2 months after hitting my head and they don't know the 'old' me. I used to be on top of my game- ya know?

Anyway, she prescribed Provigil- something that she said she prescribes for people with Narcolepsy and said that this might help me feel more alert. I'll let y'all know how that goes. She assured me that it's not going to make me more jumpy or anxious (something she's given me Klonopin for).

So, there we have it. I plan to have a very short pity party, and then I'm going to soldier up.

~ Groucho Marx

RisibleGirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote