View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 05:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

HI Lori. I have meant to reply to you some time ago, and let you know my story, I still haven't but I will get there sometime in the future. I actually have it written it is just somehow attaching it.

I just felt it was really important to let you know - good grief - what!!! The feelings are there, but I can't get the words! Anyway - very quickly as I am at work - my biggest problems have been from pushing myself - soldiering on etc and not making allowances for the on going symptons. I carried on so much that I literally fell over. The pyschologist that I am seeing now says that with my personality type - and you sound like me - has the worst problems with dealing with PCS. Like "I will keep going until I finish this, I'm lazy if I have a rest, I don't like asking for help because I used to be able to do it and all the rest of that kind of "stuff" "

I think that how you cope with this at the beginning has a huge effect on the end result. At least you know early that it is PCS and can go easy on yourself - I won't want you being like I am now 6 years on. I also don't want to scare you, but please please don't push yourself - be kind to yourself and I do know that it is like the reverse of all our ingrained habits!!

Take care, Lynlee

Last edited by Lucy; 11-28-2007 at 05:55 PM. Reason: corrections
Lucy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote