View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 05:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Ali,

I hope you don't mind me answering your question about the colour changes in your foot when you said you were worried when your foot goes black.
If your foot still has the ability to return to a normal pink or red colour after a period of cyanosis this means there is still the ability for blood to well oxygenate your foot and there is probably no permanent damage to the vessels and tissue.
There are many reasons for cyanosis and in CRPS/RSD it is still thought to be due to vasomotor changes of sympathetic dysfunction if it is not being caused by some type of tourniquet effect in which the flow has been temporarily stopped.
Some people have very cyanosed extremeties from a disease called Peripheral Vascular disease where the circulation is poor due to disease in the blood vessels, this is most common in those who smoke heavily.--- I am sure this does not apply to you
When skin is cyanotic all the time this may reflect that the tissue is not being well oxygenated and this is when there is more likely to be trophic changes occuring as a result.
Definitely trying to keep your limb working and moving will encourage blood flow and also reduction of oedema will also encourage blood flow.
I do hope that you are going to move on to a Pain Team who can work with you and help you get better by applying a multidisciplinary approach to your pain management and management of your mobility.
You are way to young to have to be dealing with this but at the same time your youth should radically help you to get healed.
All my good wishes to you
Love Tayla

Last edited by tayla4me; 11-28-2007 at 08:46 PM.
tayla4me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote