View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 07:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Lori - more "stuff"

HI Lori

I WAS a perfectionist, workaholic who was picky, critical, inpatient, always looked immaculate, had the perfect house, husband, son and daughter,and golden retriever and was and still am (on my good days and when I am not tired) reasonably/very intelligent. I could try anything and be able to do it and do it very well and easily. !!!! I have now come to realise what I had and what I have lost. (the husband is included in what I have lost). I am always saying I used to be able to do this - that whatever - work 8 hours, have 20 people for barbeque, play interclub tennis, sew fantastic clothes - on and on. I now can work 3 hour days, have 2 people for a barbeque, don't sew - sewing is stressful in fact any suprises are stressful - inpromptu does not exist any more for me. As a result I think I could be a nicer person - I am now far more tolerant, but do get annoyed with people who have got all day to do something and make so little effort. I have found out who my true friends are - they don't care if I can't go out, have a sleep during the day or have an untidy house (I hate having an untidy house but then it only seems to bother me). Have to go, haven't checked this for spelling grammar whatever so excuse me! Oh - my psychologist said that on my grave stone it would have "she always coped" - that because I have not yet been able to sit down and cry and won't ask for help!

Lynlee
Lucy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote