View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 07:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Just Switched to the Patch

Hello, everyone its been a while. Had a hard time finding the place since all of my links didnt work, and my user name and password didnt work too.

Just had a brief question. I switched 24 hours ago from Oxycontin 20-30 mg per day with no relief, to the 12 Duragesic patch. I have a pretty low tolorance for pain meds so I know these amounts are tiny compared to some. I waited till the weekend to switch so if I would experience any side effects I wouldnt be at school with the kids. It seems from reading a current post regarding Duragesic that I should notice pain control within the first 24 hours, which I would agree, this is the first morning in 2 years I have been able to get out of bed without crying! I am doing a happy dance , well half a happy dance, I still feel it but just not extreme. Can this be or is it just a coincidence and my mind is playing tricks on me because that is what I want to believe?

I was hesitant to start because of all of the side effect, but as of now I am just a little heavy/dizzy in the head. Is there a time period that most experience drastic side effects, I guess i should ask, am I pretty safe after 48hours? I would hate to leave for school tomorrow and get really sick 70 miles from home.

Thanks for the input,
Michelle
labar914 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote