Thread: Chiarian Tips
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 04:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Chiarian Tips

I have found in the past few years, that some of the best therapy for me when I'm feeling blue or down.... or just plain hurting, is to lend a little gem of wisdom to someone who might find use for it. In that line, I'd like to offer some "Chiarian Tips" I've found useful in dealing with the effects of ACM in my life. (In no way shape or form do these tips substitute for any advice from your doctor or therapist).

1. The shower is your friend!!!! - Make them hot and make em long. Good for relaxing, and loosening stiff muscles.

2. Although sometimes geeky, "pool shoes" work wonders. Those cheap loose weaved canvas flats that are waterproof (some come in plastic types, but those hurt my feet, personally). You can wear them around the house, outside, and even to give stability while your in the shower.

3. Socks, not just for your feet - Numbness and tingling in hands may be reduced by keeping hands warm while sleeping, socks over your hands keep them warm at night, even if they creep out from under the covers while sleeping. ( plus their normally cheaper than gloves or mittens )

4. Brooms as levers - Suffering with weakness in my hands and arms, I was told that using a broom handle as a lever made it easier to open the refrigerator door.... it WORKS!!!

Will be adding to this as I think of them, but right now beddie bye calls. If ya'll got tips, go ahead and add them as well. Knowing is half the battle .

God Bless you all!!!!

Dawn