Old 11-29-2007, 07:30 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Hi there,
Welcome to Neurotalk.
Please let me introduce myself. My name is Alison, I am 12 years old and I suffer from RSD in my left leg. I developed RSD after an ankle sprain in March, I was diagnosed 4 months later. When I was diagnosed I had a Guanethidine nerve block which caused me to lose my balance, I am currently in a wheelchair.
I was later prescribed Amitriptyline which caused me to have blurred vision' and resulted in a knock to my right arm ... I was diagnosed with RSD in my arm 2 weeks later. My arm is much better now, thank god.
I too don't get to sleep much due to the pain levels. I find it really hard to concentrate and I can't go to school due to pain levels, mobility problems etc.

I am so sorry that you are dealing with RSD, I sure hope that you get better soon. It is good that you got an early diagnosis.

Medications that I have been on: Lyrica, Gabapentin, Paracetamol, Morphine, Ibuprofen, Baclofen, Tramadol, Amitriptyline and non have taken the pain away (my pain is a 9 and half on the pain scale)

Health proffessionals that I see: Physiotherapists (don't like Physiotherapy, it hurts my leg a lot and my physiotherapists talk to me like I am 2 years old), Psychologist, Occupational therapist, PM doctor and Neurologist.

I hope things start looking up for you, if you need anything I am here
Take care
LOVE
Alison