View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 01:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default just a little more about me...

I guess this is my ranting portion: I PROMISE I won't post continously about ME, this is the last ME post, but I wanted to get this all out At the bottom is about nerve blocks.

--Sometimes I am still sickened physically, like I have a panic attack, and want to vomit, when I remember my first steps with RSD, and I remember walking around my condo screaming, and having to explain to our neighbors what the heck was going on! And remembering the electrocuting feeling in my foot. Being so scared it would spread, and debating suicide all the time, thankfully my husband helped me want to live! I know I should get over it because many of you still have to deal with this physically! but I'm having a problem psychologically with all this!

--People NOT understanding. I read other posts saying the same thing. My parents think I NEVER had RSD and am neurotic. Well, my dad does reiki for it and thinks something is wrong, but not RSD. My mom I believe does not want to face reality. My friends listen to the diagnosis, but seemed to be more concerned that I can't go walking around on mainstreet, go dancing ect. because it is an inconvience to THEM! They are great friends, but are being a little selfish here!!!!!! Some of my friends listen to me rant, cry, and fight my RSD, they are thankful that they can do things I can't, and just want to see me no matter what the activity...I am thankful for them!

--Doctors lack of knowledge about RSD, and the lack of research. I am an activist for many things. I get worked up about the problems in this world, but I don't fret, much and try to help solve it. NO MATTER WHAT IS MY RSD "GOES AWAY" OR NOT...I WILL HELP CAMPAIGN, WRITE DOCTORS ect. TO FIND A CURE!!! It's what I do for all things, and RSD having a 42 on MCGill's pain scale is REALLY in need of a cure!

--My husband is my motivator! He say's YOU WILL GET THROUGH THIS! At first, I was like a baby and needed him to do practically everything for me. I felt so bad, and he was exhausted. This was really hard to adjust to since we got married July 6, 2007. No one anticipates that "sickness and health" would apply to them so early in a marriage. I've gotten more "used" to RSD I think, and the symptoms are going down as well.

Nerve Blocks: I am AFRAID to get one. I know what the heck!?!? I am not afraid of shots, until now that I have RSD, and have read/told by doctor that a shot can aggravate RSD. Further, Dr. Hooshamond (um can't remember how to spell his name), he has a website with "RSD Puzzles" claims that they are not good, or something...hmm. I do not know if he is legitimate, you never know on the internet.