Thread: Please Help
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 07:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

We have messed up the lamictal dosage before in a similar way. It is easy to do. Those pills look so similar that it is almost impossible to tell the difference.

I am sure the on-call doc will call back soon with better info, but when we had a similar situation we were assured that any real problems would have been evident pretty quickly. If I remember right, Langan was much harder to get to sleep that night, and once we discovered the mistaken higher dose that made sense. Your neuro may have you adjust the next dose or they may tell you to just keep an eye out for any problems and go back to the regular dose. We were told to just return to our regular dosage and everything was fine.

Hang in there. I know this stuff is hard enough without something like this happening, but try to give yourself a break. I often joke about how I am constantly blowing my chances at mother of the year with things like this. But we're all human and can only do our best. You're an amazing mom and I am quite sure this will be a distant memory soon!

(((hugs)))
Wendy, mom to Langan, the love of my life, born 7/19/02. Global delays, intractable seizures, mystery girl. VNS implanted 2/10/06, now on small dose of lamictal and fighting for seizure control, and wife to Jon, the other love of my life!!
langansmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote