View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 07:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Okay, I've got another story and I may as well post it here.

At work this week, an employee who had been on medical leave stopped in my office to sign a form. His neck was all bandaged and he said he had neurosurgery on his c-spine (I think) and they went in from the front. He was fortunate that they also found – and fixed - all sorts of things that could have caused him future neurological problems.

The office was really busy, so he continued to describe what a close call he had, accompanied by the crowd's oohs, ahhs, and wows. If they hadn't caught "it" when they did he would have had all kinds of issues like memory problems, forgetting words, hesitation in speaking and walking, and on and on.

He rattled off a whole list of neurological symptoms (sounding like a list from an MS website) to gasps from the gathered group. When they did some tests, they even found that the nerves weren't conducting the signals properly!

As happy as I am for his successful surgery, it felt kinda surreal when I reached in amidst the crowd and picked up his form with my tremoring hand, dragged my left leg to the copier, and copied the form for him.

Lucky for him he won't end up like me after all…