View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 08:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

First of all...what is the purpose of your interest in changing your diet? Is it weight loss or do you have health issues that need to be addressed?

I recall there was a period in my life when I was very sick that I did (with modification) the diet in the book Fit for Life, Personally, I do not believe in living a life of deprivation. I do believe in eating healthy foods, portion control, exercise and making wise choices. I think, generally speaking, most of us know in our hearts the difference between a healthy food choice and one that is unhealthy. And the higher percentage of healthy foods we eat...well it makes sense...that this is what we should strive for when seeking good health.

In the book, Fit for Life, author Diamond, advocates drinking distilled water. I think his main concern was purity. IMHO, purity probably should be the priority. When I was trying to follow his plan, I sometimes drank the distilled water...but really didn't care for the taste of it. So, sometimes I had other bottled waters. The bottom line: I cut out soda, including diet soda. I sometimes had some pure/fresh squeezed juices. But I never had anything unhealthy.

I wonder if there was a way you might be able to find like minded people in your area. A few visits with a nutritionist might be fun. I vaguely recall a group that called themselves "natural hygienists," that advocated the things you have mentioned. Also, there are lots of good books at Wild Oats (is this store in your area?). I believe Wild Oats has those test strips, BTW.

One more thing...it has been my experience that often, the body will give us an indication when we are not doing the right thing. If we allergic to something for example...a clue will be provided. If we ate something too processed, too salty or with too much fat, weight will be gained.
If we "listen," and if we are honest each moment and seek "healthy," I think we will gravitate toward the right foods. Then use measurements, like the scale and a check up at doctor's office to re-evaluate and confirm.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote