View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 08:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Oh wow, I'm first! I just wish I had news to report that was overall cheerier.

My almost-eight-year-old is doing OK but not great; both his food-reactions and his behavior have been so-so lately. The best news I have to report is that my four-and-a-half-year-old is gluten-free and dairy-free and thriving -- she recently started outgrowing the size 2T clothes that she's been wearing for the last three years. Watching her start to grow again is *so* cool, and a real sign that she's healing.

The real bad news is that my pregnancy hit disaster and, as of last week, I'm not pregnant anymore. I keep wondering about what went wrong: I had some vitamin deficiency problems at critical times in first trimester, but also there were some signs of a possible genetic copying error in the baby. They're doing some tests, so I may know more either next week or in December. ... Sigh..... Anyway, I'm hanging in there OK -- losing the pregnancy stinks, but I'll be OK. I bounce back from stuff pretty well. Also, they say it doesn't help, but I'm finding it's a huge comfort that I already have two excellent kids.

I hope everybody else is doing well.

-Valerie

Last edited by valeriemates; 10-01-2006 at 08:08 AM.
valeriemates is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote