View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 12:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi and pleased to meet you Nicole,

I just want to respond to what you said about blocks-I hope you don't mind

"Nerve Blocks: I am AFRAID to get one. I know what the heck!?!? I am not afraid of shots, until now that I have RSD, and have read/told by doctor that a shot can aggravate RSD. Further, Dr. Hooshamond (um can't remember how to spell his name), he has a website with "RSD Puzzles" claims that they are not good, or something...hmm. I do not know if he is legitimate, you never know on the internet.[/QUOTE]"

I understand there is such an influx of advice and information when we do our research and it is so hard to differentiate between what is fact and what is just personel opinion. I feel sorry for anyone starting on this journey but you really soubd as though you are well and truly in control---good on you for your positive attitude

Early Intervention with blocks that are done by a Pain Management Doctor who has much experience in them are documented to be an integral part of bringing about a remission.
I do stress that you do need to be in the care of an expert and a doctor who warned against them because it may worsen the RSD is definitely not the doctor you need to do them for you.
Many of us here are better off for having them and still have them regularly but their efficacy is quite dependent on the manner in which they are given.

Just a word on Dr Hooshmand--whilst he is considered to be very knowledgable in RSD I continue to be concerned that much of his site and his puzzles have seen no change/updating in the decade I have been reading them, despite there being a huge change in the treatment and research of RSD/CRPS.

Thank you for sharing your feelings, please know you are not alone in this fight---I know exactly how you feel and I wish you all the best.
You sound as though you will be a true advocate for the cause!!

Take care
Tayla
tayla4me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote