Thread: Having a whinge
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 08:22 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Lynn,

I understand how you feel. I struggle everyday with my brain as it isn't what it used to be before my rupture.

I worked in corporate banking for 20 years. Last year I resigned, the stress and headaches were getting to me. Six months later, I had a rupture. I believe things happen for a reason. Had I been working at the time of my rupture, I may not have made it. I was home with my son when it happened and he was able to call my husband and ambulance.

It's been 9 months since my rupture and whenever I pick up something to read, I have to read it twice more times to understand it. I tell myself I'm still in recovery but it is frustrating when I help my kids with their homework and I need help to understand their homework first!

Take things slow, I have read that brain injury takes a very long time to heal. I get better everyday, but I have to work at it. Reading comprehension and focus are my two biggest challenges.

Be kind and patient to yourself, there are a lot of people out there with disabilities who have found ways to get around theirs. We just have to find our ways.

Keep up the faith! And good luck to you!

Maria
gafey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote