View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 01:29 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Andrea,

I believe we all get that attitude at one time or another from Drs. or Physical Therapist. I have had Drs. that thought I wasn't trying to get better, I didn't keep them long because my feelings is if they think that way then they aren't going to try hard enough to get a person better. Their attitude would be," well if she's not trying we can't help her to get better.

I do believe I would push for new Drs. and new Physical Therapist. We can only do so much, we know our limits, not them.

I agree with Tayla on what she said about the new Drs. Ali doesn't want to be in that wheelchair for the rest of your life, and without having the right Drs. she is sure not going to get out of it if she doesn't get the right help right away.

If I were you, I would call up those people right today and say ok, we are done with all of you we want to see those new Drs.

I'm pushy though, but we have to get to that point. We have to learn to talk back to the Drs. when we feel they are wrong.

I am praying that things start turning around for Ali and you. She is such a smart, great person. She needs to be able to get better and do things that will help her move forward in life. I believe with the right help she can. She may not get rid of the RSD but she can get it into remission with that right help.

One thing also. When I started with this new Dr. I WOULDNOT mention that she and you are on the website right off the bat. I would see if I am dealing with openminded people that are ok with that ideal. There are a lot of people in the medical field that don't think we should be on there.

I hope things start falling into place for both of you soon.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote