View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 05:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi, I had nortriptyline in a very small dose at one stage - apparently in a lighter dose it is meant to be like a relaxant - not for anti depressant purposes. My psychologist has suggested that I don't have any caffiene after 2.30pm - and I love diet coke so will have to find something else to enjoy drinking - have given up alcohol as if just gives me major headaches wine especially.

I also took mersyndol for a while - my daughter was using it for migraines and it has a "sleepy" component - I used that for about 6 months - it is an off the shelf medication, my doctor suggested that I stop taking it as it has a codeine base apparently and can be slightly addictive.

At the moment I am having 25mg dothiepin approx 2 hours before going to bed which can make me drowsy - and only works if I take immediate action when I feel drowsey - like straight to bed and don't read. I think that is another drug which can be used for depression but again in smaller doses it can help you relax and sleep.

I am very anti drug so don't intend using it for much longer. Have tried several homeopathic medications without much luck. When I manage to have sleep in the afternoon and not become too tired I find that I sleep a lot better at night. Though I think about 5 hours would be about my best.

Lynlee
Lucy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote