View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 09:26 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hooray Al!!

I must say, last month when you didn't submit this thread... it seriously bummed me out for the entire month! Weird... I know... but it did... Actually I didn't even realize how much it bummed me out until I saw this thread this morning. I am SO HAPPY to see it! Maybe it's still hormones fluctuating.

BTW, I like the links to the old BT files... it's become a 'thing' (I forget the word), to go and see what was happening a year ago at your monthly rollcall thread. (RATS! I think I was on page 2. )

Valerie: I'm SO very sorry to hear about your miss. As someone who lost 3 before having children... and 1 between my 2nd and 3rd born, I can relate to it being easier when you already have children to hold and to love. It IS much harder when you have only an empty (of little people) home... the quiet tends to echo in your ears. For my 4th miss. the two children I already had became even more of the blessing that they already were.

Al: Congrats to Peg!! And sorry to hear you're not feeling your best.

Grace: Sorry to hear you are not doing your best either. I'd be interested in hearing about any adrenal info. you dig up as I've been kind of skimming over that stuff lately... due to some iodine research I've been doing. I'm pretty sure you were thinking it's your adrenal system?

Glad to hear everyone else is doing relatively well.

Lots of news on our front this month:

As everyone probably already knows, ds1 got a concussion at gymnastics this last week and had to spend the night in the hosp. for observation. Dh stayed with him overnight and brought him home the next morning. He told me all about his 'adventure' and was mostly concerned about his sister's b-day present and then promptly became quite busy being a 'monkey' for his younger brother for the next half-hour. So, everything is back, as it should be, in our house. Thanks to everyone for the notes and pms.

The only thing is he has to stay away from contact sports to prevent another injury before this one heals properly. That's not such a big deal.

I've started a new yahoo group for a local homeschool group and have been busy posting up links and blogs and stuff for people to access. It's great because we've made some new friends that are more local (our old friends are an hour away, which makes it more difficult to get together). And a couple of the Moms are like me, they enjoy setting up group activities. Awesome!!

Getting my brain ready for our Canadian Thanksgiving.

Dh and I are working on getting the yard and house ready for winter. We found our outdoor winter lights (that we couldn't find last Christmas) when we cleaned out the 'garage sale area' of our basement this summer. It'll be nice to have them up again this year.

I got a real deal on an old 'wardrobe' cabinet this weekend ($60). I told the owner of an odds and ends/antique shop that I was looking for a 'dumpy' one that dd and I could fix up for her new room (dh worked on building it all summer and is now, as I key this, putting the plastic up over the insulation). They found one and called me last week. It needs much less work than I anticipated... Really, all we need to do is remove some shelving in it and replace the curtained doors with dd's choice of material. Hopefully she'll be in her bedroom by next weekend, ds will be back in the small bedroom and we'll be back in the master bedroom that the children have been sharing.

Sorry so long everyone. :O I'm really enjoying my Sunday morning read/coffee.
01/02/2002 Even Small Amounts of Gluten Cause Relapse in Children With Celiac Disease (Docguide.com) 12/20/2002 The symptomatic and histologic response to a gf diet with borderline enteropathy (Docguide.com)

Last edited by KimS; 10-01-2006 at 09:40 AM.
KimS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote