View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 12:19 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi! Thanks for all the replies! Been busy with a dentist visit, getting the dog stocked up on his meds, talking to the dog sitter (got a special needs pup), and going to an early birthday/anniversary party. My huband's birthday and our anniversary will be Wednesday, but we'll be gone then, so my in-laws invited us over tonight.

The medical insurance denied my appeal for in-network coverage. They claim the Sioux Falls rheumatologist are more than equipped to treat Sjogren's, so they'll only cover the local docs. Phooey.

Called Mayo's records department to make sure the original slides of my lip biopsy had made it there. Not only have they gotten them, they have already been analyzed, so they'll be ready to discuss it with me Monday morning. Their efficiency is encouraging.

About my meds: I did of my own accord stop taking fish oil and Meloxicam a few days ago, not because I was concerned about test results, but because they can thin the blood, and I don't want to experience excessive bleeding should I require any biopsies. I am going to ask them whether anything I've been on can affect test results because I've been taking immuno-suppressants for four years along with meds for dry eye and dry mouth. But you would think they'd expect someone with autoimmune disease to be on these types of meds anyway.

Oh, I just remembered: I was told to not take ANY meds, including diabetes or thyroid meds, the morning of the appointment or at anytime in the preceeding 12 hours. But I can take them again as soon as I get the go-ahead. I'm gonna drink a Boost as soon as I get the go-ahead too so I can quell the nausea that I get when fasting.

One of the things that makes me nervous about going to doctors is that my mind tends to go blank at the worst possible time, like, mid-sentence. I will be asked for an example of something and I won't be able to think of it. But I think with having everything written out already I should be able to avoid some of that, and I might bring my husband with me to the initial appointment to help me talk to the doc if they'll allow it.

I will try and think of myself as some sort of pioneer or explorer, going adventuring through the winter wonderland that is Minnesota. And I will try to report back as soon as I am able to type a coherent sentence after getting home.

fanfaire,
dashing through the snow