View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 10:20 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink I hope

you are using the formula with DHA in it. (Lipil I think it is called).

How large is the goiter? What I am going to say now, I think you should keep from her....(does she read here?)
If so tell me after you read it and I'll delete it....

Removing a very large goiter is PAINFUL. A gal at work had one, and she told
me about it. Make sure you discuss this with the doctor beforehand, so there is no delay in getting proper pain relief. This gal was not told this, and there was a delay getting the morphine for her. (it is one of those horror type stories).
But typically thyroid surgery does not hurt that much. She is the only one of the many I have seen who had that experience and her goiter was large.

If you suspect ADHD in this baby...now is the time to use EFAs liberally. EFA supplements reversed my son's severe ADHD. My EFA thread has details about that. I was very deficient during my pregnancy and the formulas we had back then did not have DHA in them. Although we did fish occasionally, it was not enough. There is a pudding for small children called Coromega. And chewables.
But for now the formula is adequate.

Your daughter can use this:
http://www.expectalipil.com/
helps with postpartum depression and healing. I don't expect she is nursing now however.

This explains the formulas:
http://www.enfamil.com/app/iwp/Conte...ut_LIPIL/LIPIL

I believe you can really avoid problems concerning ADD/ADHD this way now. This is the BEST time. Also avoid transfats...transfats are TERRIBLE for developing brains. It is easier to do this now, with the food changes going on.
Even fast foods and restaurants are removing transfats commonly now.

Thyroid surgery is very easy now. The medical community has become very good at this. You'll just have to take it one step at a time. I've been hypo for many years, and still function well. I have to watch it however! And no more zooming around! In other words, expect to be tired, and give yourself enough rest. Coming off hyper situation, it might be more of a shock. I went the other way from hypo to near normal. At least that racing heart will stop...that is a terrible thing to live with...it can drive a person nuts--the anxiety and all.

If you want me to delete the pain references, just let me know.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote