View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 12:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Ali I am very sorry for what you are going through. I also don't agree with your treatment. You do need to start out with a clean slate somewhere else. I mean a clean slate in respects to a new pt or treatment team and from yourself. It is exactly as miss irie says

There is obviously no "fit" between Ali and her therapist. Regardless of why this is happening, if Ali does not have confidence in her therapist any progress will certainly be hindered.

Also,

Underlying conditions (sleep disturbance, emotional well being, strain on other joints/muscles) have an impact on how a patient can perform during PT sessions.

Be completely up front about your expectations with the people you are dealing with. Do you have a copy of all your medical files and treatment reports completed by your treatment team? There should be no secrecy between you and your treatment team. I would ask to get copies of everything and make sure you review your file to verify all pages that will be passed along are included. Also ask several questions or confront them about issues you feel were unfairly assessed. It is important to have full disclosure with the people you are dealing with. You need to know their perspective on paper because it is going to have an impact on how you are treated down the line.

Nevertheless, you still need to try to start with a clean slate when dealing with a new person. They should know what your perspectives are on your treatment, past, present, and future. You will also know if you click with them. You may be apprehensive at first but try to recognize within yourself if you are being so because of the way you are being or if it is the way they are being. You really need to recognize things about yourself and your treatment team so things don't escalade (I mean with your new treatment team).

I know you have had a really hard time with things and if people could equate it with any other type of treatment it would be seen as abuse. I really wish there was something more I could do to help. You have been such a source of inspiration and support to me I always feel at such a loss when it comes to being there for you. I am sorry if I come across as stern or somehow unfeeling but that is never the case. I have always had to take a step back from my emotions to take another look at things in a more logical fashion. If I am in anyway emotional or the issue hits a cord my immediate reaction is to say NO or STOP but then two days later I have to go back to whomever I said it to and say okay, I have thought about this or I have done some research into this and here is my real opinion on this matter. My husband as learned this about me. No matter what I say at the moment, he knows it will sit with, I will think about and come back to him later. It does take time for me to process things, escpecially now with the meds and pain.

Anyway, I really hope to hear some promising things from you or your mom about this new doctor. I know it is hard never to get your hopes up too high about anything but my fingers are crossed that you find a good match.
Take Care and wishing you the best. J
Kyzyl363 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote